COVID-19 Website Landing Page Content
COVID-19: What You Need to Know
Reeves County Hospital District (RCHD) continues to follow best practices set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
Precautions Taken at the Hospital
In our ongoing effort to protect the health of our patients and team members, the following precautions have been implemented at RCHD. Any additional restrictions will be updated here:
• Hospital Front Lobby is Closed – The public entrance for the hospital is now through the RCHD Emergency Room (ER). All patients and visitors will be screened before admittance.
• Age Restrictions – Nobody under the age of 17 will be allowed in the hospital unless they are a patient.
• Patient Visitor Restrictions – For the time being, no visitors will be allowed, except for OB patients, pediatric patients and end of life. Those patients will be allowed one visitor per admission.
• Cafeteria Closed to the Public – Until further notice, the hospital cafeteria is closed to the public.
At this time, not every person needs to be tested for COVID-19. Testing capabilities are currently being prioritized for those at highest risk or who are showing symptoms.
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus cases. These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure (based on the incubation period of MERS-CoV viruses):
• Shortness of breath
If you develop emergency symptoms for COVID-19, immediate medical care may be required. Emergency symptoms include:
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
• New confusion or inability to arouse
• Bluish lips or face
Please note that this list is not all-inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
If you are beginning to develop symptoms, please do not go directly to the hospital. Please contact your primary care physician or call the RCHD Emergency Room at 432-447-3551. Medical professionals will be able to screen you over the phone and provide the best recommendations/next steps to provide you with medical care while protecting the community.
For the latest updates, please be sure to “Like” the Reeves County Hospital District Facebook Page. We will also post any essential announcements here on our website.